Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 8

This seemed as though it was a short week in the classroom. Monday was data retreat day for all of the first grade teachers at our school. We each had substitutes in the classroom while we all met in the conference room to discuss many things about our classroom. There is a lot to talk about concerning curriculum and all of the new programs which need to be implemented from year to year. From what I've seen, things change for teachers every single fall-there's always something new to learn! It was a long and tiring day, but necessary considering all of the changes. I will be so grateful for each of the experiences that I've had once I'm finished with the residency program. I will have a lot of things that I can say I've seen and done! That means this week I was only in the classroom with the kiddos for two days. We packed a lot into those two day though!

In math we worked on partners of numbers up to 9. The students are getting pretty good at number 1-10 by now! It's exciting.
Science was filled this week with landforms-hills, mountains, valleys, plains, rivers, and lakes. We had the students make each of these with their play-doh and they LOVED it. They don't get to play enough in first grade, so they love it whenever they get to do something like this. They are so used to kindergarten, where they get to have playtime throughout the day-being a first grader is rough!

Sadly, that is all I have to write about this week. It was short and sweet. One of my little boys told me "Hey, Mrs. Aman? You're like the same level nice as my mom. You're like the same as my mom. Except, you've never yelled at me before!" hahahaha, It was pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Have a great weekend! God Bless,
Mrs. Aman

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment you left :) I didn't know you have a second blog and I'd be very happy to follow this one because I'm a student teacher in need of good teaching stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post honey , nice to meet your blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!But Aman is your surname? My surname is Arman ahahah
    Kisses, Denis!

    http://thebsheep.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING...YOU ARE A GREAT WRITER.



    check out my site and feel free to join :)
    http://theproverbs.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a great writer!!
    I invite you to follow my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it, hope that you like it.
    xoxo Marika

    ReplyDelete